top of page


Đền Sanjusangendo

1001 bức tượng gỗ có kích thước thật của nữ thần Kannon được thờ dọc theo một đại sảnh dài lộng lẫy

Ban đầu nơi này được đặt tên là chùa Rengeoin. Sau đó, địa điểm này được đặt tên theo chính điện - Sanjusandendo, nơi có 1001 bức tượng gỗ có kích thước thật của Kannon, nữ thần nhân từ, trong hình dạng nghìn tay, được thờ dọc theo toàn bộ chiều dài của đại điện.

Đi từ lodge

2 hours 40 mins

Đi bằng phương tiện công cộng

Shichijo Station on Keihan Main Line, Hakubutsukan Sanjusangendo-mae Bus Stop

Sanjusangendo was founded by warrior-politician Taira no Kiyomori in 1164 for the then Emperor Go-Shirakawa as part of his compound. The temple has then been of great significance throughout the years. The building is made with a distinct Wayo (Japanese) style architecture with 33 spaces between the columns, earning its name Sanjuusangendou (三十三間堂) meaning ‘hall with 33 spaces’.

The thousand statues in Sanjusangendo

Sanjusangendo is known for its long main hall, with a length of up to 120 meters, where the collection of a thousand statutes of the Thousand Armed Kannon reside. It is a spectacular sight to behold, as a relic of the glory of Japan’s Heian Period. Other statues of Kanon’s guardian deities also line the building.

It is not allowed to take pictures inside nor distribute them without official permission, so please visit the official website for some more recent photos, or visit the temple to witness the magnificence yourself.

For further information, please access the official website: (Japanese)

bottom of page